Non-Pasteurized Liquid Eggs (Download Risk Assessment)
RISK ASSESSMENT FOR MOVEMENT
The risk assessment for moving non-pasteurized liquid egg is negligible.
Non-pasteurized liquid eggs originating from premises where RRT-PCR test results are negative for HPAI, moving to premises for pasteurization, represent a negligible risk. This is provided that the permit requirements below have been met. Non-pasteurized liquid egg may move in officially USDA FSIS-sealed vehicles from breaking operations within the Control Area to pasteurization plants within or outside the Control Area by permit.
REQUIRED FOR PERMIT
- Traceability information (premises ID, GPS coordinates, or other)
- Normal flock production parameters
- Negative RRT-PCR result for HPAI on day of movement (one 5-bird or 11-bird pool sample per 50 dead birds from each house on the premises)
TRUCK & DRIVER BIOSECURITY DETAILS
- The cargo interior and exterior of the transport vehicle must be cleaned and disinfected
- The driver should remain inside the cab of the vehicle. If the driver gets out of the vehicle, the cab interior must be cleaned and disinfected, and the driver must wear protective clothing, such as disposable boots and gloves, and remove them before getting back in the cab
- The tires and wheel wells must also be cleaned and disinfected before leaving the premises within the Control Area